Clear pond water is achievable and as pond owners, ourselves we know the importance of maintaining a healthy, well balanced pond. Water quality plays a huge part in this. There are several tips that can help maintain a healthy pond……
- Correct filtration – We cannot emphasize enough the importance of the right filter for your pond, and we would recommend that you upsize your filter so it handles more than the size of your pond.
- The right pond pump – The pond pump is just as important as your filter system. Ideally you should be circulating your pond volume of water every hour, also remember to check that your pond pump isn’t restricted by any debris.
- Fish Population – The size of your pond reflects how many fish you should keep, as a guide it is recommended that you have no more than 10 fish per 100 gallons of water.
- Don’t over feed – Overfeeding your fish can result in food being left to decay in the pond water, remember to remove any leftover food.
- Clean your pond – Remove any debris such as fallen leaves and unwanted food as often as possible. Decaying debris combined with the fish waste can cause your ammonia to spike.
Our tried and tested method of helping to keep both our own and our clients ponds with clear pond water, healthy and well balanced is the range of beneficial bacteria, Pure Pond, from Evolution Aqua and available to buy from us at our show site in Wimborne or from our online shop.
Clear Pond Water is easy thanks to the Pure Pond range, which is an Award Winning bacterial product that helps to maintain crystal clear and healthy pond water.
PURE POND are biodegradable balls, crammed full of live bacteria and enzymes that when added to your pond filter get to work breaking down Ammonia and Nitrite, whilst cleaning up organic waste.
The bacteria and enzymes are slowly released when they are needed most to address biological issues in the pond that are often the cause of poor clarity, helping with clear pond water.
PURE POND balls work particularly well within the Nexus filtration system helping to smooth out any peaks and troughs in the Ammonia / Nitrite cycle. Simply add the balls into you biological chamber, ideally held within a filter bag, where they will agitate alongside the K1 Media.
When using PURE POND balls as a maintenance product, especially when added once a month into your filter, the balls will help to maintain crystal clear and healthy water.
Please note PURE POND is not intended to clear green water. An appropriate UVC is recommended to clear green water.
– Bacteria and enzymes delivered in gel-like balls
– Maintains crystal clear and healthy water
– Breaks down ammonia and nitrite
– Cleans up organic waste
– Reduces filter maintenance and cleaning
– Ideal for use as a maintenance product
– Suitable for use in all types of ponds
– Add to filter for best results
– Available in 500ml, 1litre and 2 litre
Directions for use to aid in the process of Clear Pond Water
– For best results add the PURE POND balls into a filter bag and place in the biological section of your filter in an area of water flow.
– 500ml of PURE POND will treat a pond up to 10,000 litres (2,200 UK Gallons).
– 1 Litre of PURE POND will treat a pond up to 20,000 litres (4,400 UK Gallons).
– 2 Litre of PURE POND will treat a pond up to 40,000 litres (8,800 UK Gallons).
– You cannot overdose the pond with PURE POND, however for ponds under 10,000 litres, we recommend using a proportionate quantity of balls for the size of your pond, ie 250ml for a 5,000 litre pond.
– PURE POND will work at its most efficient in pond temperatures above 12°C.
– PURE POND is a natural product therefore it is perfectly normal that the balls may vary in size, colour and opacity. None of this will affect the performance of the product.
– PURE POND can be used in conjunction with a UV-C.
– PURE POND is not intended to clear green water. It is recommended that an appropriate UV-C should be used to eradicate green water.
– Wash hands after use. Keep in a safe place out of the reach of children. If swallowed drink plenty of water.
– Once opened, keep stored in a dry environment. Do not use after the expiry date.